Thursday, March 22, 2018

Exciting News!


Since my last post I have been busy, trying to get back in my little crafting world, without much success, due to some home improvement projects, that have taken more time than we suspected,
however I have been able to do some crafts as gifts, but end up giving them away before I have time to share or post.

I finally snapped a quick picture of my last project, which was a gift for my grandma's 79th birthday just last week,
My Grandma Loves to play scrabble so I thought it befitting to make her a gift with the tiles. I did a quick search on Pinterest- at least I intended it to be quick, but if you're a fellow "pinner, you understand how that goes one thing leads to another and your rabbit trailing, anyhow I found some great inspiration!
I purchased a set of scrabble tiles through Amazon, so as not to ruin the game, and to have plenty tiles for future projects, Then I found a 5x7 shadow box at Hobby Lobby.
Because I don't have the best handwriting I chose to print the words, after a couple tries I got the letter spacing just right to be able to fit the tiles and still be able to read the message, then I took some of my large background stamps, masking off the area's I didn't want to stamp, then added a few embellishments to make it pop.
But that wasn't the exciting news!

I am VERY EXCITED! (if you can't tell, by the caps) to announce in the next couple of weeks my new online store, as a Close to My Heart Consultant, so keep a lookout for my Grand Opening Online Party,  they have a wide variety of wonderful products for both scrapbooking and cardmaking, that I can't wait to share!

So if I don't manage to do another post before then, I will be back soon with the announcement and the new link.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using?
I'm looking to start my own blog soon but I'm having a
tough time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs
and I'm looking for something unique.
P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing
a blog article or vice-versa? My site covers a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we
could greatly benefit from each other. If you are interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

I look forward to hearing from you! Fantastic blog
by the way!