Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The Great Courses


A couple of weeks ago, in the daily pile of junk mail, was a magazine, that really drew my attention.
It was large flat book, the front cover filled with images from so many genres we see and use in everyday life, the title; The Great Courses....  But what drew me in was the big red box in the middle of the front cover announcing in large letters, a sale for new customers.  I was so taken in with looking through it, that even though it was very cold outside (about 15-20 degrees) I took my time walking to the door as I glanced through it's pages.....
Okay out of the dramatic intro! Anyway, my attention was drawn to 2 separate courses Fundamentals of Photography, and How to Draw.
 Both classes have many lectures on various subjects.
Now I tend to be a bit impulsive and dive headlong into things, without research or thinking things through, but this year I told myself I would not be doing that!
 I guess you could call that one of my new  year "resolutions", but being the weird person that I am, I never liked the term, so I usually avoid it...
However I took it only slightly more in stride, checking my accounts, and flipping through the book periodically over several days, I finally caved in and purchased both classes, needless to say I immediately accessed the online version, and watched the first 2 courses on drawing, while waiting for the hard copies to arrive.
I have already completed 2 assignments, the first was just drawing positive and negative shapes to create a simple fractal image, the second using that shape from simple lines into a 2D object.
In this case a piece of cheese.

I know this is very simplistic, and not even worthy of praise, but I'm really looking forward to perfecting my skills, starting at the very basics and not just have some knowledge, and only able to draw one subject fairly well.  This class looks very promising!
There is so many classes or lectures on so many things like history, cooking, travel, art, science, and music. If you want to learn more on any of these subjects, they have a great sale till January 25th 2018 just go Here and check them out

Thanks for Stopping by!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or
weblog posts on this sort of area . Exploring
in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i'm
satisfied to express that I've a very good uncanny feeling I found out
just what I needed. I most definitely will make certain to do not fail to
remember this website and give it a look
regularly.

Anonymous said...

Keep this going please, great job!

Anonymous said...

Saved as a favorite, I love your website!

Anonymous said...

You can certainly see your expertise within the
work you write. The sector hopes for more passionate writers such as you who aren't afraid to say how they
believe. At all times follow your heart.

Anonymous said...

Very nice write-up. I absolutely love this site. Continue the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up.
The text in your article seem to be running off the screen in Safari.
I'm not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser
compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know. The design and style look great
though! Hope you get the problem solved soon. Cheers